Rectal prolapse

Body: 

I have rectal prolapse as diagnosed by my gp. She insists I have to see surgeon although there is min 20 week wait. My blood tests are fine. And previous colonoscopy notes show slight prolapse. My sister died young from cancer, hence my stupid desire to check I was aok a few years ago. After a little anal bleeding. Hence 2 colonoscopies.
I now think they damage the ‘down below workings.’ Am I right?

Anyway what can I do now?

A few questions after looking for any relevant info online. I’d be grateful for any advice. Please.

Is it worth paying for a phone consultation with Christine Kent?

Is stone root of benefit? I read this online.

Also dabbing witch hazel. Does that help?

An Ayurvedic site offers fresh herbal medicine from Nepal. Is this a con? Paid only over the phone. Guaranteed cure????

I did a three month program of strong core challenging yoga plus lots of sit ups in an effort to lose weight and get fit. Did this bring on the condition?

What exercise can I do now? Is swimming ok? What is ok?

Are there any good physiotherapists in the uk that really deal with this problem? Not vaginal prolapse. Rectal.

Is there any more info about exercise or diet specifically for rectal prolapse?

I know there is a lot on this site to read. I will study it more. But any support or advice would be marvellous.
Thank you for reading,
Clare

If you can find Christine's book.. Saving the Whole Woman with the blue cover.. she goes over rectal prolapse.. it's out of print but I found mine on Amazon. The book is very informative... Also I suggest a good place to start is in online store. First Aid for Prolapse. And the Yoga in online store.. Christine demo the correct way for Yoga with prolapse. In the First Aid for Prolapse Christine specifically goes over the correct toileting method for prolapes... along with walking, lifting, running, it is very good. I found all of these materials helped me. Victory

Hi Clare and welcome. The first thing I'll say, is that the 3-month core-strengthening program most surely put you over the line in your prolapse development. This whole exercise philosophy is one of the top reasons there is such an epidemic of prolapse today.

This isn't a medical site and we can't really advise you regarding continued colonoscopies if you have cancer concerns. But I think it's a very invasive procedure, and if they aren't finding polyps or anything more serious than a prolapse........what would be the point? I had one in my 50's that only came back with mild diverticular disease to a degree that was common for my age. I'll probably never have another.

I don't think you're at a point where a consult with Christine is warranted. Go to the home page of the site and watch the overview video there. Keep reading around the site, the blog, and following the forum. Consider the purchase of First Aid for Prolapse streaming program from our Store.

Whole Woman posture is the key...you can do pretty much anything if you know how. Exercises that allow you to maintain that posture and don't compromise lumbar curvature are safe, other stuff (like "core" training for washboard abs) is not. When you learn and internalize the posture principles, you will be able to tell the difference, based on how your organs feel and how your symptoms fluctuate. - Surviving

You can also get some of these used materials from the library; there is no sense in giving all your money away to Amazon. But remember, to support this work most fully as well as get the most benefit from this work, you can look right on this site.

You can read around, and put some key words in the search. There have been may posts on anal prolapse that would be most helpful.

My prolapse gets swollen at times of inflammation I think I need surgery, however I am not at all for surgery....just relief! Would physical therapy for pelvic atrophy help or is it a waste of time?

Hi debrak1234abc and welcome,
Can you tell us a little more about yourself, and have you had a chance to read around on this site? Christine's message and solution for prolapse is the best one out there, so reading around to get the full picture would really help get you started.

Here is one post by Christine about rectal prolapse:
https://www.wholewoman.com/forum/comment/58239#comment-58239

You will find that all prolapses are generally treated the same, with the same treatment: whole woman posture, ww toileting practices, and a good diet. These things will get you a long way to feeling better.

Thank you. Very much. I will look for that book and get the First Aid dvd. Thank you.

Thank you for really helpful reply. I feel such a fool to have put such effort into stupid workouts that have actually damaged me. I will do all, as you very sensibly suggest. I really appreciate your time in replying.

We all did that type of exercise, and most women still do. For decades I did all kinds of work on trying to keep my tummy tight and flat. I never really accomplished that.....but I sure did a number on my pelvic organ support system! I didn't learn the truth about all this until I developed prolapse and found myself on the WW website some years ago, and never looked back! - Surviving