Colposcopy and biopsy

Body: 

Hello All,

I did a detailed and diligent search of the forum categories but could not find one that pertains specifically to cervical issues. I apologize if I’m in the wrong forum.

I recently had a Pap test which showed abnormal cells. I am due to have a colposcopy next week, and according to the nurse I spoke to today, a biopsy is always done with the colposcopy exam. I am concerned about the possibility of spreading cancer, if the cells are indeed cancerous. Has anyone here been diagnosed with cervical dysplasia and opted not to have a biopsy? Also, has anyone opted to use honey instead of having one of the standard medical procedures for removing cancer in the cervix?

Thanks,
Janus9

Hi Janus9,
We don't give medical advice here on the forum, but I did find several threads on this by typing colposcopy in the search box. Many of these are older posts, but you may find some good information in the sharing.

Otherwise, you may want to book a consult with Christine, as she does know quite a bit about these things.

Best wishes.

Thanks for your response, Aging Gracefully. I actually did not ask for advice, merely wanted to know whether anyone else has been in this position and, if so, whether they had similar concerns as mine and how they handled their experience. I did look at the colposcopy threads before making my post, but found that they were not relevant to my question. Perhaps there is yet a member who can offer something.