Feeling a Bit Down

Body: 

Hi, When I found Christine's wonderful website and programs, I was very optimistic. It was a couple of months ago, and I'd been diagnosed with a uterine prolapse and cystocele. I started practicing the posture, and I bought the FAFP program plus the Exercise Bundle. For a while, the posture seemed to help, and I've been trying to do some of the exercises daily, and learn the firebreathing, but my prolapse seems to have worsened, plus I now have a rectocele. It's mostly in the evenings that my uterus drops down to the opening of my vagina, and the cystocele is bulging. Is it normal that things can get worse before they start getting better?

I've been thinking that it's because I don't always manage to maintain the posture, and maybe I'm still not doing the firebreathing properly.

Also, of all things, the man of my dreams is planning on visiting me shortly. I'm not really worried about telling him that I have a prolapse, but I would love for my uterus to be much more in its rightful place than it is now before he comes. I know there's no quick fix, but I want to feel that things are improving, not getting worse.

Do you have some advice, or suggestions or experience you can share with me that will help?

Thanks so much!

Bella18 xoxox

Sorry to hear your prolapse is worsening. Remember it is a constant process to keep our organs in right place. I don't know if you are doing all aspects of WWposture. Not only are we to stand with chest lifted, shoulders down, head lifted, chin slightly tucked, we are to walk with toes strike first then heel. this is a new way of walking and hard to do in shoes, cuz they make shoes heel strike first. I try to go barefoot as much as possible. Also to run in WWposture, run just on your toes. Then there is breathing while you walk and run. practice breathing so your upper stomach comes out on your in breathe and goes down on your out brethe. I practice in bed and then helps me get in habit... It is important also to do WW toiliting. The yoga tapes are really good. Everyone says that excersize keeps us strong to keep our posture.. but the main key to sucess is mastering the WWposture. WWposture is what keeps our organs in the right place. Along with firebreathing ect.. don't worry about the man of your dreams even knowing you have prolapse. most say that men can't even tell. Christine says we should avoid him on top. A better way for prolapse is you on top and plenty of lube. Only get the water soluable kind, the alchol base kind is not good for prolapse. and they say an erect penus pushes everything way up into place. It takes awhile to get the firebreathing but Christine demo's it in her first wheel and third wheel yoga. If you still feel uneasy about program.. you can schedule a consult with Chrsitine or one of the practitioners. I'm just telling you some things I've learned on the forum. If i said anything out of line please let me know..

Hi Bella18,
We have all had set backs, so It is not something to stress too much about, but instead look back at what you have been doing. Do you have all the elements of posture down? How have you been sitting and moving about during the day? Using toileting posture? Looking into your diet? Have you been doing any heavy lifting or activities that throw us out of posture? Re-evaluating can really get us back to a good place. I would also throw in plenty of jiggling and firebreathing throughout your day. I did plenty of that in my first months of this work.

I remember worrying about having sex again after finding prolapse, but after a few months and talking to the ladies here on the forum, I did go ahead and try it again. Not only did he not notice, but it did great things for my prolapse, pushing it up where it belonged and having it stay for long periods of time afterwards. That was definitely on my to do list of ww tools! You can have sex in any position that is comfortable for you, and you don't have to use lubrication unless are feeling dry. But, just a dab of honey is very lubricating, I have found!

Chin up dear Bella, You are only at the beginning of a very positive journey with whole woman.

Hi verydepressed,
We are not here to change your mind. We each need to make whatever decision that is best for us.

But for our readers, I would like to say why I came here in the first place: I did not want surgery. I knew that before I even started reading, and that is maybe the reason I threw myself into this work so heartily. In my mind, there were no other options, and believe me, I looked.

I didn't give up, even when the changes were slow, and even when I had set backs. Christine's work clicked in my brain as my solution and it did take time, but I will always be happy of my decision to go this route.

Hi verydepressed - since this is your first-ever post on the Forum, we have no way of knowing what you have done, or not done, correctly, or not correctly......you have never talked to us before or asked for support or suggestions. We can't even really know if you are real, or just someone out to discredit Whole Woman. In any event, we wish you the best of luck. Surgery isn't the answer. I won't waste my worry on you.....it's our other members and our entire community I'm thinking of. - Surviving

Hi bella, I remember thinking at first that healing should be linear.... that you feel better, progressively better even if progress is slow, until you feel 'healed' or 'symptom free' or whatever your goal was.
and I also felt that this should work pretty quickly overall.
So for me, I felt improvements very quickly with this work (as you seem to have in the few short months you've been doing it). I felt like 2, 3, 5 months should be enough to know that i've healed as much as i'm going to... that i've reversed this as much as I can. so every time i had symptoms come back for a few days i thought - oh! that's it! I've ruined the work I've put in thus far...
what i know now, roughly 10 months into this, there is no linear progression. your organs are on the move.... if you have prolapse, your support system is compromised and needs to be constantly maintained.
I think of it along the lines of weight loss.... once you have those fat cells there, they're always there -ready and waiting to expand. I have gone up and down with weight my whole adult life +- 20 lbs or so. If I'm good with food, keep active, those lbs drop. If I start slipping, a few too many bbq's, holiday seasons with a lot of family get togethers and a lot of food and drink, those lbs creep back up. And it seems like the older I get the harder it is for those lbs to drop if they creep on.
this work is similar.... it's a constant maintenance. there is no 'done' - just as in diet - there is no time where you're like - yay! i've lost the weight so now i'm done and can relax and eat what i like.

with this work, it goes up and down... there are setbacks, there are long symptom-free stretches. I remember I started doing the exercises early on and they made me feel worse! I thought woah - these don't work for me! but I was so early post partum (even though I thought 2-3 months out was like "totally healed" - little did i know)
every time i had symptoms i thought - this doesn't work!
but because there is no other option really, I just kept at it.... what else is there to do?
so while healing isn't linear, the overall trend IS....meaning, as you progress, each setback is less dramatic... even though there are ups and downs, the downs aren't as bad or as long and they get more and more manageable.
and I've read enough on this site to know that people see continued results the longer they do this....years! not just months...
this is such an emotional journey for me - sorry that I'm writing a novel here...

the other thing i noticed that helped me is to stop everything and JUST focus on the posture... I felt like posture couldn't be enough, like i had to *DO* something, like I had to get going etc - there was this urgency... but really, posture and breathing, all day (or as close as you can) and posture walking should be the focus. get that to be second nature.... elbows and knees is the next layer i tackled (because at least I was confident I was doing THAT right lol) then firebreathing and nauli...

another time i've felt great improvements was when I stopped thinking about it... kept up the work, but took a few days off mentally, got busy living...
i love the idea of a dream man coming to visit - that will surely take your mind off of things :)
i'm wishing you lots of love and relaxation and have that man help you get your organs back where they belong!!

Dear Victory Ahead,

Thank you so much for your lovely message! You didn’t say anything out of line.

I do all the things you suggested, except for walking with toes first. I tried it, but it felt so strange. I can do it at home, but I’m not quite ready to do it in public:)

Thanks too for your tip about using water soluable lube and not one that is alcohol-based. I’ll keep that in mind:)

Warm wishes,
from Bella18

Dear Aging Gracefully,

Thanks so much for your lovely message too! And a special thank you for what you shared about having sex. I felt relieved when I read what you said. I think that sex will definitely be on my to do list of ww tools too:)

I agree with you about looking back to see what I have/haven’t been doing. I do do that, but I think that because this is pretty new for me, I’ve been a bit unsure as to what exactly has been the cause of things seeming to get worse. I practice maintaining WW posture every day, but I think I slip out of it without realising it.

I’m going to focus more on posture from now on.

Warm wishes
from Bella18

PS: Where can I find out about the jiggling?

Dear Typicalme,

Thank you so much for your lovely message also. Your words mean a lot:)

I’m just like you. I identified so much with what you said about thinking that healing should be linear, and thinking I’ve ruined the work I’ve done so far when the prolapse seesm to have gone back to where it was when I started on this journey. Yes, it literally does go up and down. Maybe the utures moves up/back a little, then tumbles down a bit before moving up and back again.

Also, I’m like you in that I had the same kind of urgency that you described, having to do everything and having to get it right. I’ve been feeling overwhelmed by the exercises, trying different combinations, actually feeling a bit stressed by it all. But I’ve seen it said several times on the forum, and you’re saying it, too, start out by focusing on getting the posture right. I’m going to do that now. Just focus on the posture all day, and the breathing.

When you mention the posture walking, is that when you put your foot down toe first instead of heel first?

And what did you mean by elbows and knees being the next layer? I haven’t come across that anywhere yet.

I want to thank you also so much for your loving wishes regarding the man of my dreams!! I’m so looking forward to him coming!! I’ll definitely have him help me get my organs back where they belong!!

Lots of love to you too,
from Bella18

I'm so sorry to hear that you're struggling with your prolapse. I can understand how that feels.

I don't know whether it helps, but I'm pretty certain that the reason my prolapse has seemed to worsen is because I slip out of WW posture without noticing it. So, now I'm going to focus on maintaining the posture for as long as possible, both when I'm standing and sitting, and doing firebreathing during the day. I'm sure it's going to help.

Maybe you could give it one more try, focusing more on the posture too? We could practice together, and support each other:)

We can both do this!

My warmest wishes to you,
Bella18

When ever I get down with this bumpy ride of prolapse recovery, I continue to tell myself that I would rather stay on this bumpy course, than get on the surgery wheel. While I'm cleaning their rooms, patients have told me how many times they've been back. It definitely leaves an impression on my mind.

Thanks for your message, Housekeeper.

I can understand that hearing patient's stories would make a strong impression.

I would definitely rather stay on this bumpy ride of prolapse too, than have surgery.

Warm wishes,
Bella18

hi bella - sorry for the late reply here....

posture walking - I meant that going for walks in posture helps, and by that I mean regular posture. Toe first walking is a new addition (i believe) to this work, regular heel first walking is still good just try not to put all your weight in the heels.
My mother in law is a small woman - shorter than me, her feet are about half the size of my giant feet. yet when she walks upstairs in their house - she sounds like an elephant up there. My husband is the same... when he's upstairs in our house it sounds like the house is shaking and he's just walking around normally. They hit heel first hard....
I try to hit more on the ball of my foot if anything, even though my heel touches first. hard to explain... but maybe just walk like you'd normally walk - keeping in mind upper body posture as well as breathing.
I used to run quite a bit... I'd often find myself running toe first just to alternate my tired muscles... know I learn that running toe first is great for prolapse... maybe if I ever start running again i'll do that the whole time. walking toe first feels great for the prolapse but I feel very awkward doing it so I just walk regular, keeping in mind to take looooong strides and deep breaths.

also elbows and knees - all that means is to get on elbows and knees as much as possible... wriggle your hips around, breathe deep - but relax on hands and knees or elbows and knees every so often.

Thanks to Surviving, Typicalme, Louise and of course Christine for encouragement all these years on Wholewoman. I am new to this forum but have read helpful, constructive advice going back several years from all of you and appreciate every bit of advice. I have not been officially diagnosed. I have been teaching children over 40 years - currently also - and am on my feet all day. I was told years ago I had a tipped uterus and that I was born with it. After lifting heavy items at school last week of June this year, I noticed the vaginal bulge in the shower July 1. It was terrifying - I am otherwise an extremely independent, active woman and grandma. I started to search online for info - am in a rural area - and found you! I have read/watched all that I can get my hands on from Christine and all of you seasoned, knowledgeable ladies and can't count how many late nights we have spent together online - although none of you knew you were my personal coaches and advocates! I want to encourage other newbies to follow the Posture as often as you can - and do whatever exercises Christine shows us that are doable - taking it slow. I am almost 61 and not in a race - I am interested in maintaining/managing a high quality of life enjoying all my children and grandchild. Thank you all again - just think of me as one 'thank you' representing the thousands of women who are too busy/exhausted/overwhelmed to voice their appreciation. Your love and advice go on to help and bless long after you post.

Thanks so much for a beautiful and encouraging post. Happy to hear from you and so gratified that we can count one more Whole Woman saved from a life of constant fear and dread. We'll never really know how many lives have been touched by Christine's work, only that there are thousands all around the world. I too count myself extremely fortunate to have landed here, especially after seeing (on this forum) just how often women get led completely astray and are even harmed by conventional advice. Thanks - lots of love to you as you continue the journey! - Surviving

Dear Surviving, You have no idea how sharing your candid, honest experiences help those of us just starting on this journey. Thank you for not holding back helpful info. Your post on how the second year was when you really saw improvement encourages me greatly. Am doing WW Posture standing, sitting, toileting - jiggling, firebreathing and trying feebly at nauli for simple belly rolls. I am planning to escape in my back room at school during the day to do jiggling if needed. Have to manually push uterus up during the day. Thanks for being there!

your post brought tears to my eyes - i'm honored to be mentioned - especially since only recenlty, like you, I was poring over long gone posts and spending many a night crying over the keyboard, thinking how grateful I am that ladies have come on here and been so helpful and selfless and candid...
it's kinda funny that I know so much about the vaginas of women who were posting back in 2009, 2012 lol but the comfort I found is immeasurable. it's truly been life changing for me...
when I first came to this site I was in a panic - looking for answers, needing answers like yesterday! and I thought people were a bit secretive, a bit closed off, etc but the work resonated with me and I started reading and investing time and money in the materials and I get it... we all have to come to this knowledge on our own...christine provides the materials, the research, the movements and a place to discuss and learn - but we all have to come to understand it on our own.

keep us updated on how you progress... it's nice to fill these pages up for those who are going to come here in the future looking for peace of mind.

Have been feeling especially down as prolapse seems to be worsening. My disability is worsening....when I walk at all I have a very bad limp. Don't know how to have WW posture when "walking". When sitting down I must elevate my foot/leg on top of the kitchen counter or desk to reduce the severe chronic pain and symptoms in my foot and leg. I can keep my chest lifted and breathe using my diaphragm but I know that the position I must have to keep the pain as manageable as possible is causing more prolapse problems.
I've tried to modify some of the exercises so that I can do them sitting on the floor but cannot stand in one position for longer than 5 minutes before my disease becomes too painful and I must sit or lay down to elevate my foot and leg.
Is there any help for me given these circumstances?

I once asked you if you were able to get down on hands and knees, but you did not reply. If you are able to do this, and feel some relief from symptoms, then you might find the First Aid for Elders video of some help. Beyond that, is another suggestion that was previously made, which is to book a consult with Christine herself.....in light of your medical conditions. - Surviving

Hi Surviving! Yes, I do remember you asking if I could get down on my hands and knees and apologize for not answering that directly. I can do so but only for a very short period of time. I've thought about getting the video for elders in lieu of scheduling a consultation with Christine due to cost. I am unsure about its applicability given the description of the content. I apologize if I've been redundant. I was so hoping to find someone else here who deals with similar challenges and who may have found possible solutions. It simply seems that there must be other disabled people with prolapse who have found WW and refuse to have surgery.
Thank you for your response!! I so appreciate your suggestions and patience with me...not ready to quit trying to find answers :)

Dear Typicalme, Please forgive me for my late reply!

Thanks for all your good tips. I’ve tried walking toe first and, like you, I feel awkward doing it. Maybe one day. But, if I have to run, I try to run toe first. I ran for the bus like that a while ago…..the bus driver waited for me, but I must have looked funny:)

Thanks especially for what you said about getting down on knees and elbows. I’ve been doing that, and I love it. It’s just so relaxing. I’ll make sure to do it several times a day.

A big hug to you,
Bella18 xoxox

hi bella - so glad to hear :)
somehow running toe first i feel like you can do that and no one would know... I think some people naturally run toe first.... maybe that's a sign that it should be done that way especially since that's how babies walk when they start). I know I would switch from heel to toe back when I used to run regularly only because it worked different muscles. little did i know I was helping my (then non existant yet) prolapse.