Postpartum prolapse

Body: 

Hello Everyone,

I am here having been just diagnosed with uterine prolapse, cystocele and rectocele, I think all grade 1, 6 weeks postpartum. To be honest, this whole situation has me feeling utterly terrified. This is my second baby and I have an active toddler. I just want to enjoy my babies and all I can think about is the doctor telling me that my husband mifind sex weird and I'll need surgery when I'm 50. I feel broken and like I'll never live normally and without thinking about my broken vagina. I am trying to stay in posture and rest when possible.

Words of encouragement or wisdom would be greatly appreciated.

Xx

hi Sarahslac and welcome, - a short note to allay all those fears, and a big hug.
Firstly it is common that husbands don't notice prolapse and sex is one of the best ways to get those organs into position.
You won't need surgery when you are 50, there are many of us here who have not!
It takes about 2 yrs to recover from birth and resting and keeping the posture is helpful - so is sitting and walking in the posture as well.
Your vagina/ body isn't broken either........ with WW your body will be in the best position to recover well from birth and positioning of your organs, skeleton, muscles and joints.
If your husband and you would like to read, Christine's husband wrote a letter to husbands. Here is the link if you wish to read it. A Husband's Guide to Prolapse.

http://wholewoman.com/library/?p=244

Take a breath, know that you are not alone and enjoy those babies,
Much love,
Aussie Soul Sister
P.S. there are many articles and other reading on this forum plus check out the resources page and store. Christine has a course for mothers and fundamental posture available as well. All the best.