Refresh outlook

Body: 

I am now dedicated to staying in good posture, staying lean and active. Spent about a week going through the literature and being secretly unhappy after I asked myy gyn about my newly diagnosed pelvic prolapse and was told, "It just happens". Never had children, smoked, or became overweight.Humf!! I am a gym teacher, horseback rider and have enjoyed active life for 54 years. Not ready to go for huge surgery, life disruption and untold linked problems with that direction. I love the idea of making correct posture and good exercise a giant priority.It's worth it. Nothing is for free - I don't want any organs "slung" to any bone structure that was not intended to carry them - sounds like a Rx for trouble. Two wrongs don't make a right. Isn't it great that we have good alternatives?

What about exercises on the ball and inversion table use? Which Pilates? This is wonderful.I am so grateful for comments and solutions.

I've said it before: you have found your way to a very good place! Start with the FAQ section on the homepage of this site. Consider purchasing a copy of Christine's book ("Saving the Whole Woman" by Christine Ann Kent ISBN: 0970144008) - it is out of print but can still be purchased through Amazon.com or Half.com Read through some of the forum posts here. Be sure to read Christine's blogs and especially the forum topic: WHOLE WOMAN FIRE BREATHING.
Curious about your prolapse - especially since you've not had children - what do you have and how severe? - if I'm not being too nosy...
In any case, I hope you have fun with the posture, exercises, etc.
(-:Jean

Book is on the way; horses are looking at me curiously as I pick out their stalls in my new posture and practicing my breathing!!I was told that I have cystocele, rectocele, and uterine prolapse - didn't get into grading it all. Left me thinking THAT was the reason for the squishy feeling and little bulge. I thought it was just me adding unwanted weight and not doing enough crunchies.I am years past menopause that came and went without a single terrible symptom (like it was natural) and I refuse to play "surgical menopause" with new added symptoms. I am not incontinent, yet urodynamic testing was suggested as part of the cure. I love my intimacy with my husband and partner of almost 30 years - certainly don't want to alter that!! Being a gym and health teacher, I thought I had skipped this scene, staying active, eating vegetarian--lots of raw foods, and not using many swear words out loud. Seriously, I guess age and lack of estrogen were the reasons. I have spent my life being held up by that little string for "centered riding" (Swift)and dressage must be where Kegels were invented!! I am truly thankful for the health I have and the avenues that are opening up after minimal research. Let the adventure begin!

Anastasia Goose,
I think it's wonderful that you have such a positive attitude about all this. I know I was devastated at first,and I actually went through a phase when I was afraid of my own body! Just now getting back into yoga (Kundalini) a bit and walking lots. Anyway, I just wanted to caution you about abdominal crunches since they can put a lot of pressure where you don't want it. I'm trying to find gentle exercises (or modifications of traditional exercises) to maintain core strengh without worsening my prolapse. Posture is key - sounds like you know a thing or two about that from your equestrian activities (-:
Jean