A tip for regular and easy bowel movements

Body: 

I was reading Bigmomma's post and I thought that I should share the info about a product which has helped with my diffulties in the bathroom. (I know this site is really hard trying not to be commercial, but as this has been SO HELPFUL to me...) I've taken this Flax Fiber called FiberSmart and it has been just... a saviour. I never really had a problem with hard stool but with rectocele it seems like having bowel movements is just simply difficult. It seems like the stool, no matter how soft, is hard to pass... When I have taken this product, it just makes it happen. The stuff is not just fiber but it has something else in it which really helps the stool to "glide out". It also contains some probiotic stuff which has been good for the tummy. So I highly recommend!!! I hope it will work as well with you. For me it really has made a big difference in my daily life.

Dear Maya,

Thanks so much for posting this tip. We've encountered some heavy and difficult issues these last few days and I'm hoping our regular readership is getting an idea how crucial it is to take the best care of ourselves in order to avoid catastrophic operations, even if it means babying our bowel along any way we can.

Christine

Hello,

Can I ask you (about this Fibersmart) how many times a day do you take it and when you say regular, are you going once or more a day(I am sorry if I am getting too personal). I am working on keeping track of my diet now and am just wondering if your regular diet is very high in fiber in addition to the suppliment. Thanks for any advise you may have!

bigmomma

I looked up FiberSmart and saw the long list of herbal ingredients and looked each one of them up. A very interesting list! However two of the ingredients are described as mild abortifacts and should not be used by pregnant women. Also, several other ingredients said they should not be used by pregnant or nursing women, but didn't say why.

Use this with caution, I say. Herbal medicines can be as strong as prescription ones- and this concoction is a shotgun approach to a LOT of different ailmnents. However, it is interesting to note that one ingredient, Bupleurum Root, is touted as, "...can be used for treating the common cold that is accompanied by alternating symptoms of chills and fever, chest pain, prolapse of the anus, uterus, & other internal organs, and irregular menstruation." It's the only herb I looked up that addressed prolapse. So, that's kind of cool. :-) I don't think I'll try this, though. I'm awfully sensitive to both conventional and herbal medicines and it might throw my system out of whack.

Hey,

Thanks for the heads up on this. I usually check the ingredients on anything I take, especially when I'm pregnant or nursing, but its nice to have the research done here. The Bupleurum Root thing is very interesting and may be something I research further after this one is born and weaned.

about the indegrients in the FiberSmart. But are we talking about the same product though? I do not see the indegrient you mentioned (Bupleurum Root) among the indegrients on the bottle... Online I could see that there is many similar products, this one is called (excatly) "FiberSmart" "Lignan-Rich Organic Flax Fiber, Acidophilus, F.O.S and L-glutamine" (huhuh!) This is a powder I mix with water.

The Indegrients that I see on my bottle are:

Flax seed (Linum usitatissimum), Guar Gum seed (Cyamopsis tetragonolobus), Fructooligosaccharides, Lactobacillus acidophilus,
Bifidobacterium bifidum, Bifidobacterium infantis, Fennel seed (Foeniculum vulgare), L-Glutamine, Marshmallow root (Althaea officinalis), Slippery Elm bark (Ulmus rubra), Triphala (blend of Analaki, Bibhitaki, Haritaki), Stevia rebaudiana leaf

I am still nursing although my son is already 16 months and eats plenty of all kinds of food and isn't so sensitive as a newborn would be. I wonder which were the herbs that were contradictory to pregnancy or nursing in the list you had?

Anyways... BigMomma asked me about details: I take it in the morning first thing. And I go at least once a day, somethimes twice.

For me it was never about hard stool as I have always eaten plenty of fiber. It was just hard to get it out after the prolapse. And this is what Fibersmart has helped me with.

We are different and need little different means for our daily lives to be managable and joyful. May we all find those little things that help us, and let's keep sharing!

BTW, I am nursing

I just looked it up on Amazon.com- and the writeup about the product listed a whole lot of herbal ingredients, and nothing I could spot as probiotics at all. Could there be two different products called fibersmart?

yeah, it looks like there is probably two products with a same or almost same name. This one is by a company called Renew Life... :)