WEIGHTLOSS

Body: 

HAS ANYONE HAD ANY SUCCESS WITH THERE CYSTOCELE THROUGH WEIGHTLOSS. HAS IT IMPROVED ANY I'M 40 POUNDS OVER WEIGHT WITH MILD CYSTOCELE. IM TRYING TO EAT RIGHT AND WALKING BUT IN NEED OF ENCOURAGEMENT. I GO TO DR. IN A FEW WEEKS AND I'M VERY NERVOUS AS TO WHAT THE OUTCOME WILL BE

BARB

I have lost about 12lbs or so in past 4mths so - Made no difference at all.

Sue

My friend recently lost a significant amount of weight recently and it's seemed to have made things worse, I'm not telling you this to put you off losing weight.. when she excercises her pelvic floor and is fit generally (she does dance classes) things really improve for her, when she gets unfit it's worse again. So all I'm saying is I don't think weight loss alone will help.. although alot of doctors say it does make a difference, but fitness and muscle tone and eating things that naturally strengthen your body and improve your health in a more whollistic sense has got to help. Best wishes!!

I can't speak to the fact that losing weight will help with your cystocele. I know when I was diagnosed with one as well my Dr. stressed the importance of being thin, eating healthy, and staying in shape.

I wish you the very best of luck with your weight loss. Join a group or get a trainer. It's nice to have the support and if you find someone knowledgeable they can teach you all kinds of things that may improve your overall health which I imagine could impact your cystocele for the better.

-Lilly Anne

thanks for that that i've been really discouraged lately that was real encouraging for me
Barb

Barb:

I'm really glad that my response made you feel a little better. Start off slow - don't be hard on yourself. If you are up to it, go for a short walk a few times a week. Each week try to increase your time a little.

As far as eating, watch portion sizes. Increase your consumption of fruits and veggies. Also include protein & carbs. I am not a huge food person, I never really was. Think of food as fuel. (Don't get me wrong, I do love my candy now and again - maybe 1 piece once a week). I unfortunately also think of food as what foods will aid in digestion so that it will leave easily.

Please keep your spirits up! It will take time to lose the weight but in the end it is supposed to be better for your prolapsed bladder.

-Lilly Anne