here again for some support...

Body: 

Hi Everyone
I am here again dealing with cyctocele and rectocele...I have a 2 1/2 year old and a 13 month old...while I feel blessed to have my 2 girls I must say this has seemed like a long year...I just came off of a pretty great month and i guess I got my hopes up! I noticed a great change in my mood, increase in productivity...now I feel worse again...I guess I feel depressed and feel like things have dropped down even more so to speak...I really feel sacred and alone. I am trying to be "present" for my kids but last night as soon as they were in bed I went to bed...didn't greet my husband when he got home...I guess just not coping.
I guess I have 2 questions...
does this ever happen where you are feeling good and then things get worse (I don't know why this happended)?
how do I boost my positive energy? I just feel like it is always on my mind and that my family's happiness depends on my being happy and it just seems like an awful lot to shoulder...
Let me also say thanks to everyone and to this site...I don't know what I would do without it!
Kay

I could have written your post, having been there many times myself.
personally, I notice a more-than-coincidental relationship between my mood and my prolapse symptoms. and it isn't increased symptoms leading to depressed mood, but the other way around.
having two little ones so close in age, while truly a blessing, is alot of work. physically and emotionally. I find I must be vigilant in filling myself and not falling into the trap of forgetting to be sure my stores stay close to full. or else I run on empty and fall apart. emotionally and physically.
I also feel that my family's happiness, or rather peacefulness, depends on my moods. I actually believe that while I cannot guarantee that anyone will 'be happy' it is my job to give them a calm and peaceful atmosphere in the home. and yes, that IS alot to shoulder. which is why you gotta take care of you : )

the POP symptoms do wax and wane, sometimes seemingly for no reason at all. but I always can get back to my baseline and since I've done the up & down thing so many times it doesn't throw me through a loop anymore. its just part of my life. I don't know how to help you figure this out, but somehow I was able to put it in a place in my mind where it wouldn't take up energy on a daily basis. maybe that's acceptance? I don't know, but I hope you can find that place too.

{{{{hugs}}}}

Thanks granolamom! Your kind words are indeed a boost! I am going to try to hang on to the fact that you are saying my symptoms will improve... I am lucky this afternoon that my Mother-in-Law has come to help...maybe a bit of rest will help the physical and emotonal aspects to this...
new thought...on my worst days I entertain the idea of a pessary...I have always abstained thinking that if I used one I would loose touch with my internal gage on this...any advice?
Many many thanks to you for your time and caring response!
Kay

Down when things go down. I wish I knew what to say. I'm not as eloquent when it comes to giving support re: POP. I do remember having bad days and what that felt like, so I do know what how your feeling. I guess, like another poster (forget who) said, on those days, spend time on all fours for awhile. I'd do that and I would take time to di the WW excercises. Even if it didn't immediately improve, I had hope that it would and it did. I'm back on that road to recovery as I'm newly postpartum. I experience no unterine prolapse but do carry a buldge from my bladder, which sometimes fall, litterally out of my body. When that happens, I bend down - stretch to my toes. It goes back in. Hang in there Kay.

Hi Kay

Sorry to hear that you are feeling down. When I go to bed early and don't greet DH when he comes in, it is either because I am in a deep and well-needed slumber, or else I really cannot face anybody, and just want to be left alone in my misery.

Carrying on this 'black cloud' stuff for more than a day or two is a signal that I need to do something about it, except when I detect that premenstrual gremlins, ie low POP, sore boobs, day in cycle, are invading me, then I just wait for the inevitable period and move on.

Have you talked to DH about it, and explained that 'it is not him'? If you can bring yourself to do it, telling him that you are feeling down will reassure him that you are not down on him, so he can become an ally in your recovery. You don't need to go into the whole POP thing, but telling him that your POPs don't feel very wonderful and that you are feeling down too, will help him to understand. Tell him you love him. It might not elicit any helping behaviours in him, but at least he will feel loved and not rejected. I am sure that his going to bed unexplained would upset you, but if he explained that 'it is not you' and told you he loved you, wouldn't that predispose you to give him a little TLC? You are in this family together. Remember those marriage vows about "for better or worse"?

One of the bad things about feeling down is that it isolates us from others and makes us very self-centred. I guess it is survival instinct. But it certainly rubs off on loved ones. Hope you are feeling OK soon.

And Gmom is right. You are not solely responsible for putting on a happy front and making your kids happy. That's just teaching them to hide their feelings and wear a mask. Sure, yours is the role of overall family wellbeing, but you are allowed to be human, all the same. You don't have to feel guilty or ashamed for having POP.

Cheers

Louise