Pregnancy and exercise

Body: 

HI all

I have done some searches but haven't found a conclusive answer. I understand it is not advised to do firebreathing or nauli while pregnant. Can anyone explain why this is? and also, is it important to stop from the beginning (ie when you find out your pregnant) or when you get big enough for it to be a bit awkward (if not impossible!)

Any response much appreciated of course!

Cheers
fc12

Another question to add to the above, is it ok to do the First Aid for Prolapse Workout (minus firebreathing and nauli) during pregnancy?

Many thanks
fc12

well, this isn't 'conclusive' but its my opinion based on my experience

firebreathing and nauli move the uterus. feels almost like a wringing type action to me. or a deep massage maybe. hard to describe.
I can't imagine, that with a tiny being hanging on to the uterine wall, that this is a good thing to do in early pg.
in later pg I would imagine its just plain uncomfortable, if even possible.

so I personally stopped both exercises as soon as I suspected I was pg.

...also...these greatly raise and greatly lower (stomach vacuum) intraabdominal pressure - as gmom says, not great for hitchhikers.

The floor work in the beginning program is not recommended either - too intense isolation of the uterus. The rest of the beginning program should be fine - but the advanced workout gets pretty extreme. Use your best judgment and always with a doctor’s okay.

Very helpful. I'll keep doing parts of the workout - end of beginning and start of advanced perhaps (without firebreathing) and see how I go. I assume plies (1st and 2nd position) are fine. And tondou.

Cheers
fc12