how was your prolapse at 12 weeks pregnant?

Body: 

I've got a quick question for the ladies who have had a pregnancy post-P0P. I checked my POPs in the mirror a couple of days ago for the first time in months, and was very pleasantly surprised to see my urethrocele and rectocele had gone back inside my vagina, whereas before they were just at the mouth(?) and sometimes sticking slightly down, esp after a BM. So, I've been having a daily look for the past few days, and my POPs have stayed tucked away. i mean, really tucked away. this is easily the best they've been since I discovered them.
So ,my question is, is this just a pregnancy thing, with my uterus growing and lifting everything out of my vagina? Or is it a legitimate case of after 6 months WW therapy my POPs are at last showing real signs of improvement? I'm pretty happy about it either way, but it would be lovely if it was a case of self curing!
I am only 12 weeks pregnant, but my belly is pretty big.
Now, if only things hadn't all turned horrific in the relationship department i could be really happy. There's always something...

6 months of WW work can be nothing but beneficial, and right about now your uterus is probably at the level of your pubic bone by 12 wks or a couple centimeters higher (or even halfway bt pubic bone and belly button can be normal, particularly for women having subsequent babies). So yep, that incredible organ is quickly migrating north and taking other bits with it!
Curious to hear other people's experiences...

Damn! I thought it was to early for my uterus to be pulling up, wasn't expecting that for another month! I'd convinced myself my POPs were at last getting better. Oh well, I will just enjoy having a tidy vagina again while it lasts!

I didn't diary when I was pg so I don't really remember the specifics. too bad, right?
all I remember was that my pop's got worse before they got better, and I attributed that to my awful early pg- diet (white bread and cheese - ick! but all I could hold down) and tons of heaving over the toilet put lots of pressure on teh pelvic area too.
I think it all started getting better when the m/s stopped, well into my fourth month.
the 6 months of work you've done will really pay off after the baby gets here. it will be easier for you to get back into the posture than having to learn it the first time around, plus your body will respond to it more quickly.

did I miss something about the relationship department? ((((hugs)))))

12 weeks was not great for me-not bad- just not great.
and I can remember a conversation here about it being somewhere around 20 weeks when everything starts to feel amazingly great!
So I think it's all your hard work :)

Cararosesmum, I can tell you what I know happens to the body at around this stage of your pregnancy, but I don't know much about how this relates to POP. The extent of prolapse info I gained during official schooling and training was something mediocre about kegels and not much more. Pathetic, eh? So, I am hoping to continue filling the gaps in my education from the best teachers out there - the women themselves. If I had to guess I would say that the improvement you are feeling is from both the pregnancy and also the work you have done, but who knows? Even if it is from the pregnancy, like alemama and gmom have said, they were still struggling at this stage. So take credit where credit is due and enjoy that tidy vagina ;)

I had improvement and then the back sliding and then more improvement- and on the pattern went- two steps forward one step back. I would gain confidence and do something crazy like power kiting and remember that I was still in the postpartum period (two years in my mind) and have to recover. But recover I did- faster each time- so that at first it would take me 3 weeks to get back to baseline and then less and less time- to where I was waking up the next day fully recovered. And then something amazing happened and I could do whatever I wanted- run, lift, swim, stay on my feet all day.....and my prolapse was still 'gone'.

Then I got pregnant. I couldn't nauli, I couldn't firebreathe, I felt my growing uterus putting pressure on my bladder and rectocele. That was the end of the first trimester and up to the middle of the second trimester. I wrote a post here about both-but basically the half pipe softening came back and my rectocele began to bulge again about the size of a marble and then a grape. Then my uterus popped forward and I could not have a prolapse if I wanted one- the anterior wall is almost concave and everything is pulled up up and away.

2nd trimester update:

I am about 20 weeks now. The baby is active and my other children are able to feel the movement which is fun. The second trimester has set in and I feel so energetic. I recently had a flare up of my SI joint pain after a long car trip (45 hours)- so I have been off my feet for about 12 days now- resting and icing as much as I can. The first trimester I saw an increase in the size of my rectocele bulge and I am happy to report that it has not gotten any bigger- thanks in the most part to my front wall- which has softened and moved in to support the back wall very nicely.
My cervix is super high- can't reach it.

This one is from a third trimester update:

This trimester has been the best yet for my prolapse.
I am big as a house but keep my belly button pointed at the floor as much as possible. Our baby is seriously head down and deeply engaged in the pelvis-
interestingly enough I have no trouble lifting my tailbone-so the baby must not be that low yet. Posture is almost unavoidable my shape seems to demand it.
I can tell my pregnant days are numbered

Thanks for reposting these, alemama! Great chronology of your pregnancies.