Cystocele, just had baby #3 and homeopathy

Body: 

I am normal bmi non smoker who has normal birthweight babies, so in theory no risk but my cystocele first appeared after baby #1. It recurred with 2 and is now back again 1 week after giving birth to my third. I haven't experienced incontinence at all just the uncomfortable bulge which ces and goes making walking any distance holding baby or pushing pram uncomfortable. I am trying homeopathy to help alleviate sptoms this time too. Anyone else similar experience? I really don't want surgery- I remember my mum having colposuspension and she still suffers from recurrent cystitis and bladder problems now, some 20 years on.

welcome Lollyb, and congrats on your baby!
1 week pp is so early...i know it's hard with two ohers, but i'd definately try to take it easy. in some worlds you'd still be tucked in bed now...i'm not surprised walking and pushing the pram is uncomfortable. is there anyone who can help out whilst you do a bit more healing?
i used homeopathy, and still do. ifound hellonius 30 (I think...can check) really helped. got a little lift with each dose, that faded after about 10 days, so did another. still take it if i overdo things.
i'd really give it time though and not worry about where you are at. i know a lot of women here get worse till about 3 -4 months PP, then get better. i definately did, but 2 years on was still improving massively.
do you have christine's book / DVD? the DVD has lots of great exercises once you are a bit further post partum that can help you get strong and get your organs into place. but for now, gentle posture and looking after yourself is a great beginning.

Hi lollyb,

Congrats on the birth of your baby, how wonderful. I am still in the phase of ups and downs after bub no.1. I found the homeopathic sepia helped - it is particularly good for the 'bulgy' feeling. It didn't help more recently with a flare up due to constipation - but the feeling I had wasn't bulgy anymore it was more pressure and achy. If you look up info on sepia it describes it is used for any sort of prolapse, and for a 'feeling of a ball within the parts'.

so sorry about your mum. send her a tip for me: try to pee on hands and knees each day to fully empty her bladder- she may just see the resolution of her bladder infections :)

I have not tried homeopathy for this yet- We are using it with my son for an intestinal problem he has and it really seems to help (which by the way shocks me every single time cause I don't understand it or even believe it will help). So I am interested in what you all are doing with this anyway.....maybe I will try it out.