Bikram Yoga?

Body: 

Hi All,
I am new to this forum and trying to learn the best way to take care of myself with POP. My POP has progressed since the birth of my child with forceps delivery. I am very grateful to this site and I am learning a lot. I have read the book and will soon watch the DVD.
I have many questions; but, for today I would like to know if any of the 26 Bikram Yoga postures adversely affect POP? One can view the postures at the website below:
http://www.bikram-yoga-noosa-australia.com/Images/bikram-yoga-poses.gif

I really enjoy Bikram yoga and I'm hoping it will help with my POP. I am used to traditional weightlifting and running but feel those may be somewhat off limits for me for a little while.

Any and all feedback would be appreciated.

I don’t see a problem with most of these. Beyond the obtuse boat pose, which is very stressful, asanas like triangle and warrior create a bit of instability in terms of pelvic organ support. You are your own best judge. My advice is to try to always keep the lumbar curve, which is of course flattened in a forward bend, but because of the acute angle of the torso to legs, the organs are in supported positions.

I am new to this whole prolapse "situation" and also to the STWW method of managing it. However, I do want to comment about yoga in case this helps. I've done yoga for years and am now experimenting with ways to do it without aggravating prolapse. This is a work in progress, but I'm thinking that there are a lot of poses that can be done comfortably if we just stick our butts out a little farther than the instructor might like, while also lifting breasts up and being sure not to suck in the tummy. In other words, inserting WW posture into the existing yoga pose. It may not be the way the pose was exactly meant to be done, but I don't see why it would be unsafe. Of course, in some poses, such as triangle, this wouldn't be possible, but it could be done in, say, warrior poses, chair pose, etc.