Odors?

Body: 

Are there any odors associated with celes? I have a cystocele and am close to 4 weeks PP. I notice an stronger odor after peeing and sometimes just from the pads. I can't remember if this was normal PP before. I do not have a UTI. Thanks gals ;)

Goobug

Hi Goobug,

I also had a strong odor until I realized that I was leaking urine without knowing it. My PT told me that with a cystocele, the urethra can kink which means there's always some urine left behind. She recommended "double voiding", which means when you think you're done peeing, get up from the toilet, stand a bit, and sit back down. The change in position is supposed to help get the last of the urine out. I always lean forward a bit, too. You'd be surprised how much more pee comes out. Since I started doing that, I haven't had any odor at all.

Just keep an eye on it, because you don't want to have any odor that's associated with some kind of delivery-related infection.

Christina

I have a uterine prolapse, cystocele and rectocele and I have not a strong odor ever since I gave birth and I am 15 weeks pp. I don't know what its from or if its related to each other or not...

Thanks for the tip Christina! I will try that and see if that is the problem, I see my Dr in two weeks for my 6 week PP check if I still notice it then I will ask him. :)

Definitely rule out infection ASAP.
I wonder if the pads are the culprit. I have not used disposable pads for years but did recently when away from home, and whoa nellie, I was NOT impressed with the odor! Perhaps try using cloth instead and see if that makes a difference?