Hello

Body: 

I am just 6 weeks PP with my third big boy and I am distressed to no end with the weakness of my pelvic floor. My vagina feels heavy and uncomfortable especially when walking around. When I BM I can feel the pressure in my vagina, and I my bladder feels funny too- I can't tell if it is full or not and have the constant "tingly" urge to go even when there is nothing there. My midwife examined me at my 6 week discharge and she said it all seems normal other than my cervix is low in my vagina and that could be causing the discomfort. She did not feel any bulges that she thought were unusual when I push. She wrote me a prescription for the Lady System which is a series of weights to help with Kegels. I am just unsure about her diagnosis of "normal" because I sure don't feel normal. I feel sick to my stomach about all this weirdness going on, especially because otherwise I feel good for 6 weeks PP. It is winter where I live and I have been trapped inside for 6 weeks while my kids go to school and hubby goes to work and I feel utterly alone and dwelling on my problems. Just looking for some advice and moral support, please.

Hi Gumdrop - I am glad you have found this site. Have you looked around and read anything about the Whole Woman posture? Prolapse is not unusual in your situation, and you probably already know from experience how long it takes the body to recover after birth. Read some posts here (use search bar) and the FAQ link up above, to find out what Whole Woman posture is all about. It's a way to help your organs find their way back to where they belong, held towards the front of your body instead of everything pushing straight down. Kegels really don't address the problem, and I never heard of doing them with weights..... Stick around and you will get some good information here.

The Whole Woman posture is completely different from the way we were taught to stand as women.. shoulders back, suck the tummy in.... just put your hand "down there" then bend over and let your stomach fall forward. feel the difference? order Christines book Saving the Whole Woman... when I learned what was really going to happen to my body when I had 3 prolapses fixed I freaked out... This is the most un-talked-about problem that women have, and thank God for this forum....