Vulva itching

Body: 

Hello -

I've recently been experiencing a lot of itching "down there." I was just at my gyno for my annual exam and there was no mention of a yeast infection. A friend told me it's probably just dryness, and this may be the case. She suggested I try a cream called Emuaid and the ingredients are listed below. Just wondering if anyone as used this and if it's safe or recommended.

EMUAIDMAX™ is made from the highest quality natural healing ingredients and is available without a prescription. Our formula is made from a complex blend of concentrated medical grade ingredients.

Active Ingredient: 10x, 20x, 30x HPUS Argentum Metallicum (Colloidal Silver)

Other Ingredients: Allantoin, Bacillus Ferment, Ceramide 3, Emu Oil, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Glyceryl Behenate, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Lysine HCI, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Olea Europaea Fruit Oil, Phytosphingosine, Silver Citrate, Squalane, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tribehenin, Vegetable Oil.

Our active ingredient contributes broad spectrum healing properties in our unique formula. EMUAIDMAX™ does not contain chemicals, artificial preservatives, lanolin, alcohol, parabens, petrochemicals, or fragrance.

Thanks,
Marric

marric,
You need to get permission to post a product on this site, and this is looking a lot like a spam post.

You have been with us for quite some time; I am wondering if you have looked into Christine's thoughts on vulva/vaginal health?

Yes Aging, I've looked into Christine's thoughts on vulva/vaginal health, and if you've noticed my history you will see that I've purchased a number of Christine's products over the years - including her DVD on vulva/vaginal health. And while I am extremely grateful for the research she's done, I am always open to discovering other methods of symptom relief - as long as they are safe and healthy for my body.

I've been a member of this website since 2011. If I was utilizing this site to push a product, I would have started back then, don't ya think?

I suspect your response to my question is the reason many women searching for answers don't ask more questions on this site. I won't respond to any more of your comments implying that I've done something "wrong" or "broken the rules." Just know that you've again closed the door to a conversation that may have been helpful to me and countless other women.

All the best,
Marric

This is not a medical site, and we cannot tell you if this product is "safe or recommended". If anyone has used it, they are welcome to chime in.

Your post has all the elements of classic spam/product promotion. We can accept your explanation that this is not the case......but we are just doing our jobs here. It's up to you to put your post in context. We have no duty to analyze your past contributions before responding. - Surviving

I apologize for any misunderstanding, but this does read like a product advertisement, and you don't have to respond to that if you don't want to. Its nice to know someone didn't use your account to advertise a product on the forum.

Have you tried the honey Christine talks about? This is also natural and healing for the vagina at the same time.

The vagina/vulva needs only two things, (1) for the natural microbiology to be restored, and (2) hormonal balance.

Emu oil must contain anti-inflammatory elements, as I suppose chicken oil does, as chicken soup has always been considered to be soothing.

Notice that “Bacillus ferment” is the second ingredient, because it is widely known that lactobacillus is what restores vaginal health. However, this would be a “probiotic” and alien to the natural ecology of a woman’s highly individualized system.

What is needed is a prebiotic to attract friendly microbes from our own environment, just like our natural vaginal glycogen does (all of which is gone after menopause). The very best, if not only, such prebiotic in nature is natural honey. At times, a bit of natural vinegar also helps to keep fungal species at bay.

You can treat the symptoms, or treat the underlying condition. I would certainly not put allantoin in my vagina, nor colloidal silver. These are simply the wrong concept, as is emu oil.

Thank you Christine. That's what I wanted to know.

Marric

To learn more about what Christine is talking about here, check out her lecture series which covers both vaginal health and gut bacteria relationship videos:

https://whole-woman.thinkific.com/courses/whole-woman-lecture-series

Also, look at Christine's past video on vulva vaginal health:

https://whole-woman.thinkific.com/courses/the-whole-woman-way-to-vulva-v...

These are all great videos that teach the basics of the relationship of our bodies with the bacteria that reside there, and also include remedies and insightful answers to the many questions we may have about our own bodies.
These are eyeopeners!