Bathing with prolapse

Body: 

I enjoy a nice warm bath with a few capfuls of foaming bath. However when I am sitting or lying down in the bath, my uterus seems to bulge out more than usual. I find it difficult to push it back in so I can clean thoroughly in that area. Even when I am in the shower, I feel my uterus bulge out. I have been doing the whole woman exercises and working on the posture for the last four months and usually don't notice it, except in the bath or after a difficult bowel movement. I find this takes away some of the pleasure of soaking in the tub. Is this normal or will it get better?

Forum:

Hi solet - I'm a shower person myself, so hopefully someone else might stop in to comment. I know Christine takes baths, because they have been featured in some of her videos (but in the context of detoxing, not how to actually to it in a prolapse-friendly way).

I just think it all comes down to posture. If you can sit up strongly and keep some lumbar curvature, you prolapse might be more inclined to stay put. Lounging in the bathtub is a similar body angle to lying around on the couch - lumbar curve is flattened and the angle is obtuse which takes away from pelvic organ support. If you are reclining in the bathtub, there might be something you can put behind your lower back for support, as you would do any time lumbar curvature is compromised.

That being said, there will always be times when we can't maintain WW posture. If it's bad for your prolapse you simply need to decide if it's something you still want to do. - Surviving

I have found bathing in epsom salts and lavender to be one of my greatest comforts since finding prolapse. Now, I don't know if it's the salts or just the water doing it, but my prolapse goes way in, not out, when I'm in the tub. There is a great buoyancy feeling, like being in a pool. If I have had an especially bulgy day, I take the opportunity to give my uterus a nice shove inside. Early on in this work, I would do some jiggling with hands on the back of the tub, and then firebreathing before getting out, stand up in strong whole woman posture. Feels fabulous! So, those are some options also.
But, I agree with surviving, if yours worsens during a bath, just don't do it.

Hi Solet

Well, from my perspective the “foaming bath” is a concern, unless the bubbles are 100% natural and on the acidic side. Also, “cleaning thoroughly” is a worry. The acidic vagina/vulva (which can only healthfully exist post-menopausally with the use of prebiotic raw honey), is a self-cleaning organism that does not do well with soaps and sprays.

I think the pH theory of health and disease hasn’t been properly worked out yet. We hear statements like “Alkalize or die!”, yet I find such viewpoints curious since a healthy vagina is acidic, a healthy bowel is slightly less acidic, and in my experience healthy skin is acidic as well.

At menopause my skin changed drastically, becoming much more alkaline, which set me up for common fungal infections, often referred to as “contact dermatitis.” All of that vanished once I started adding about a Tbs of citric acid to my bath to neutralize the chlorine. I use Epsom salts as well for its drawing-out qualities. I use natural soap to scrub my feet and that’s about it. The salty-acidic water does the rest. You have probably noticed that if you maintain a good diet, post-menopausally we have virtually no body odor.

Hope this helps,

Christine

Thanks to everyone for the above suggestions. I will try the Epsom salt in the bath. Whenever I have used it in the past, I find it doesn't really dissolve well. How much should I be using? Christine, I'm not sure about the citric acid. Do you use lemon juice or apple cider vinegar?

Powdered citric acid is readily available in any grocery or discount chain store that sells canning supplies. Or on-line (for a better price on larger quantities). - Surviving