Constipation Oxy-Powder

Body: 

Hi, has anyone tried this please?

Forum:

I looked this up and it's basically the same as milk of magnesia, or the majority of the off-the-shelf magnesium supplements (magnesium oxide). Magnesium citrate would be a little gentler to your system but I gather you are looking for more than a little bit of help. Just don't overpay.....and try not to get to a point of relying on this type of thing.......don't use it all the time. - Surviving

Hi there,
I restort back to the oxy powder for my mom because i am under the impression that it is OZONATED. Also, it apparantly pulls stool away from the walls of the intestines. I am experimenting between 1-2 capsules,
open the capsule into a little applesauce and give it to my mom and she eats it. I am in a learning curve with the product whic his similar to Mag O 7. I agree with Surviving and think it is similar to Mof Mag but not completely. I use it to soften her stool on a day that i feel it is going beyond 3 days so the stool might be getting dry and if she does have a bowel movement, stimulated by natural supplements, it could be painful and large. So the oxy powder will soften that stool so when it passed through it will have first been softened,

That makes a lot of sense, chickenfeet. Especially when it is so difficult for some elderly to maintain consistent bowel movements, and the other alternatives are so harsh on the system.

I do want to put in a word of caution here though for younger people. Becoming reliant on something other than natural food to move your bowels can be a vicious cycle. We want to keep our natural peristalsis going as long as we can even into older age if we can manage to do it. Cutting out the sugar and processed food, and adding in raw veg, fruit, and fermented veg can go a long way in building up our good bacteria, and improving our bowel function.

Well my mom was raised on a Mediterranean diet loaded with legumes, tomato salads, sardines, figs, nuts... But she wasn't a butter eater coincidently.
I got this from this link'
https://www.westonaprice.org/health-topics/uptight-and-out-of-sight-the-...
Dr. Louisa Williams, author of Radical Medicine: Profound Intervention in a Profoundly Toxic Age, points out that whereas most tissues in the body burn glucose, the large intestine is “relatively unique” in being dependent on butyric acid (a short-chain fatty acid found in butter) for energy.39 The body produces butyric acid through “the fermentation of fiber by Bifidobacteria and other beneficial bacteria.” In individuals with depleted or altered bowel flora, butyric acid production suffers and the colon cells are unable to function normally. In recognition of these facts, Williams developed a unique rectal butter oil protocol with the aim of supplying energy to the colon cells, “which has a positive feedback mechanism to the population of Bifidobacteria and the health of the large intestine overall.” The protocol involves inserting a small amount of butter oil (derived from grass-fed high butterfat-producing cows) into the rectum three times a week or so, for three weeks. For nearly all of Williams’ patients, this protocol resulted in “significantly improved” bowel symptoms.

Christine talks about butyric acid in her gut health video, so the connection is probably very relevant. I actually started eating butter again last year after years of swearing off it.
Interesting information chickenfeet. Don't know if all of this is necessarily agreed upon, but thanks for posting.

this is all so interesting... I have been more regular since starting whole woman - but I've made a number of changes so it's been hard to narrow down anything.... but I have started eating butter as well.
Butter is big in my culture but I never liked it. I only like it when it's almost melted - so like on toast or in potatoes, that sort of thing.
Does the butyric acid from something like butter actually survive all the way down to the large intestine I wonder?
I think ghee also has it - i'm not sure what ghee tastes like but i've been meaning to try some for frying to start out with. not sure how it would taste on toast...

You might have to watch Cristines video on the butyric acid to see if she mentions if it survives. I have been watching some videos on keto and one person was referencing ghee as being better for something but i didn't get a chance to make a mental note. Please let me know if the butter helped you with BMs.

thanks Chickenfeet. I actually have the Western Price book & Dr Cambell-McBrides. Must read them again.