New and confused!

Body: 

Hi! I'm 28 years old and I recently found whole woman and I love all the info I have read so far! My journey started about 5 1/2 years ago when I was pregnant with my first child. Towards the end of my pregnancy, I was feeling very swollen and uncomfortable so I took a mirror and looked at my vagina. I noticed a slight cystocele and rectocele, although at the time I had no idea what it was. At my next appointment I mentioned to my doctor that it looked like I had body parts falling out of me and she dismissed it as being swollen during pregnancy and it would go away after delivery. I honestly never thought much more about it, although I did look several times over the next few years and it never went back to normal. Flash forward to 2 years ago, I was delivering my third child and they brought in a mirror so I could watch myself push. I still had no idea what was going on with my body as far as the cystocele, so I just asked the doctor, "what is that", referring to the bulge and she said it was my bladder. It really bothered me once I realized what it was. So at my 6 week postpartum visit I mentioned it to my doctor and she felt and said it was a 2nd degree cystocele but I shouldn't have any problems until later in life. Again, I choose not to worry about it, because since they very beginning, I have never had ANY symptoms what so ever. So now I am pregnant with my 4th child and it's starting to concern me. At my first prenatal visit, she did a pelvic exam and checked and said it was much better and just a stage one. However, when I look with a mirror or when I bear down it protrudes down much farther. I am still not having any symptoms. I guess I am just confused at how it can look so bad and still be considered a stage 1 by my doctor. I'm also wondering if anyone else has had a stage 2 cystocele without symptoms and what my next steps should be. I would like to correct it before problems start, but I'm not sure where to start. Any advice would be much appreciated!

Glad that you found Whole Woman!

You say that you have no symptoms, but actually you do in my opinion, visual ones. Now is the perfect time for you to get familiar with Whole Woman posture because it'll be key in your postpartum period and beyond.

I found this site on my journey through menopause so I don't have much else to share. Hopefully others with experiences similar to yours will post. Until then, enjoy the archives...

Snapcracklepop

So true. A prolapse that is barely symptomatic is the best early warning/wake-up call you can get! Start working on this now and you will save yourself dealing with a worse situation down the road. All of us older ones wish we'd known about this posture correction when we were young and having babies. Here are a couple of videos to watch - Surviving

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RvGROzIYN6w
https://wholewoman.com/newpages/video/ww101.html

I am also 28 (although I have never had children, but a chronic cough) I also have a very early prolapse (cystocele, it seems). At my exam this week I felt like I was a little dismissed. She said it was very minor, and not to worry much about it. But I can see it at the opening and I want to prevent it from getting worse. I also don't have any symptoms but I check it obsessively and I am ready to take some kind of healthy action! (I am new to the website, and still trying to navigate the confusion as we'll).

All the best to you.