How to forget prolapse ** Warning Aussie humour**

Body: 

I developed rectocele after having kids. Having my first child dragged out of me by forceps with me feeling the pull against my muscles did not help. Around 5 years later I encountered issues requiring splinting but other than that I was oblivious about my posture. Twenty years later and the march of menopause brought everything to the fore. Thank goodness for this site it has helped so much.

But another issue pushed pop right out of my head. Getting diagnosed with breast cancer at a routine annual mammogram and I had no idea anything was wrong. Well all issues with pop faded whilst I dealt with treatment for this problem I was told I had but couldn't "feel."

I must be feeling better as I have started to notice that pop is once again reminding me that it is still around and I need to pay it extra attention although I suspect that the estrogen blocker I am on is probably not helping.

So isn't it amazing when we have other difficulties in life that pop, though it remains with us, takes a back seat.

Ausy, I have weathered two major family health crises since beginning this work, and the first one hit me early on, when i was still just a WW "dabbler". What I have learned from these experiences is (among other things) the important of memorizing this posture so that your body remembers to do it, even when your mind and heart are a million miles away from thinking about your prolapse. This is not to say that you won't have moments when you have to snap back to it and catch yourself doing something bad and correct yourself. Tightness in the belly is always just around the corner waiting to strike us when we are stressed, and mindfulness is just one more thing we have to train ourselves to do, as a kind of multi-tasking (conscious or subconscious) as we go throughout our day.

When it is OUR bodies that are in crisis, as in your case, Ausy, all of this is magnified tenfold. And aging will be another example of this, for all of us, even if we are lucky enough to avoid major health problems in meantime. If and when my mind starts to go (and believe me, at 65 I'm taking all the steps I can to prevent this!) I want my body to remember what to do! I hope and pray and trust that it will.

Ausy, I send you best wishes and hope that you are doing well. - Surviving