Cystelle after C Sections

Body: 

Hello everyone, im 38 years old and 8 weeks post partum
And in the last week i felt achy down there on moving legs and achy in pelvic area. I got a mirror and realised that i could see something inside vagina.

I have seen a gyno which hurt like hell and all I have been
Told for my $150 15 minute visit is that I only have a front wall vaginal collapse which the bladder sits on so im guessing its a cystelle. Given its visable but still inside vagina what stage is it? He went on that he had a feeling it would be mild and sent me on my way and told me to return in 4 months as its too early

I said will my bladder fall down he said no. I asked if i needed physio he ssid no. I asked if i should stop breastfeeding and go on a diet he said no

Do i need another opinion? I feel like i need to know how bad it is? But he kind of did act as though it was mild but surely if i can see ball inside vagina its not mild?

Oh yes and both babies were c section never pushed at all

That sounds super frustrating! The first OB who diagnosed me did it over the phone if you can believe it. I eventually found an OB who diagnosed properly in a standing position, but thankfully I found WW before I was "done having babies and should get surgery." My babies were large and vaginal births, so I can't speak to the C-section part, but learning as much as you can about WW and really getting into the posture helped me find lasting relief from my prolapse symptoms. My first prolapse symptoms occurred at a similar time postpartum to yours after my first baby. I don't see any reason you would need to give up breastfeeding. I practice extended breastfeeding with my babies and that has not prevented me from finding relief from prolapse symptoms with WW posture. Also I lose the most weight when breastfeeding since my babies literally suck up all the calories (mine were pretty large fast growers--not good for my back but great for my weight control!). I'm sure more people will chime in here, but you've come to the right place for good information as you face this new life experience.

Yes when i look back he meant well at reassuring me but did dismiss me as being mild compared to what he sees daily as he deals with prolapses daily working in a midwifery office. But i feel as though no questions were answered and it doesnt appear as tho I should take this lightly. It certainly doesnt feel great with all this leg pain.

I would like to know where i might find out about posture? I have so far only found the first aid dvd which i have ordered from our local library. Is it just shoulders.back and sitting properly?

Hi Kiwigal - here is a good place to start getting information:

https://wholewoman.com/newpages/video/ww101.html

Welcome to the forum - your story sounds very typical, and I kinda like your gyno for not being an alarmist or handing out bad advice! - Surviving

Thank you.. i really am hoping its mild and that as its so soon after baby it can resolve. He said in 6 months if its still there it most likely will not resolve. Thanks again

I had two huge babies with lots of pushing and episiotomies. I was quite bulgy afterwards but that was before the internet and I didn't even question that I would have lots of healing to do. And I eventually did. But I didn't know about posture, I kegeled a lot in the intervening years (not recommended) and the prolapse returned after menopause. So you have a unique opportunity to remold your body back to the proper spinal shape while it is still in healing mode. - Surviving

I knew something was wrong even 2 weeks PP and I had the same experience with medical practitioners saying that things were healing "normally" (my midwives at 2, 4 and 6 weeks PP) and then saying that my condition was "not bad" at 5 months PP (my regular doctor and a GYN doc). Well, all along I felt HORRIBLE and so I, too, felt "dismissed." They do mean well, but it doesn't do anything to validate the suffering and the mental anguish that we feel! But you are in a much better place than I was, because it took me until 11 months PP to find Whole Woman. I was sucking and tucking and kegeling like a crazy woman for all those months. I was also unknowingly trying to do various harmful exercises like planks and boat poses in yoga (I cringe now!!). Mercifully I found WW during my ongoing quest to find something that would help me and I've made awesome progress in the past 3 months. At 14 months PP I still have hope for more progress. I am getting better every month! These ladies here keep reassuring me that it takes 2 years to fully recover from childbirth and I'm becoming a believer. I saw someone post in another forum that it took her closer to 3 years. I'm willing to be patient! I assume this includes C-section, too! Keep doing the work and give it time. WW works!