Rebounding

Body: 

I used to love rebounding...post pregnancy and childbirth days. However, I have been scared to do it again bc of my prolapse. Christine does a bit of jumping on the goddess belly video and it has made me wonder f a bit of rebounding might be ok. I know in the past it really tightened up muscles in my body...could it also tighten up my pelvic floor muscles? It's so good for lymphatic system and always made me feel great. I would love to be able to do this again. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Forum:

If you put rebounding into the search box up above, you will find many discussions. Christine does her jumping on the balls of her feet in very excellent WW posture with the organs held forward and lumbar curvature in place. That kind of jumping, once you have mastered posture, can be quite good for prolapse. If you are at that point in the WW work, and you can control your feet and body position while rebounding, you might be OK. Otherwise not. If you are ready for this kind of jumping, you will feel better for doing it. If not, you will know! - Surviving

I just want to add in here that if you are thinking of rebounding to tighten pelvic floor muscles, you have the wrong concept of pelvic organ support in mind here. The jumping that Christine does is strong whole woman posture forces the organs more forward into the lower belly and out of the vaginal space.
We don't have pelvic floor muscles that our organs sit upon that are ready to escape as soon as they get loose, but a pelvic outlet positioned out the back where our vagina actually becomes a closed airless space while our organs are ideally nestled into the lower belly.
Hope that helps.

So long as it's WW - you're ok:)
xwholewoman

I used to love trampolining and rebounding and skipping and knew it was good for my bones BUT it was literally my downfall as it was that which led me to find this amazing site. I did not know what Pop was and so was in the wrong posture whilst doing these movements which I probably over did any way . I have tried to point my friends and relations to this site so that they can learn all the wisdom Christine has shared with us.