8 weeks postpartum and prolapsing

Body: 

Hi everyone-
This past week I discovered a cystocele. I called my doctor and she said to restrict my exercising and do Kegels and come in if it gets worse. The next day, it was already worse even though I was being careful and stopped exercising! I tried to get into the doctor but it was a Saturday and they weren't open. I then started to feel a rectocele and become constipated. I called the doctor and they said take a stool softener, relax and come in Monday. On Sunday, if felt even worse and the constipation was placing SO much pressure on my rectum that I went to the ER. They couldn't do much except manage the constipation. Now today I am going to see the doctor and hoping to get an appointment soon with a urogynecologist. I just dont understand how this happened! Pretty certain it is a stage 2 cystocele and at least a stage 2 rectocele (if not worse now). And I'm not sure if my cervix is low or not. I had no problems in pregnancy and worked out my whole pregnancy! I did lots of strengthening and light jogging. Both of my deliveries were uncomplicated vaginal with little to no tearing. At my 6 week postpartum appt there was no problem! I started working out again last week and I'm thinking thats what did it! I did feel weakness in my pelvic floor so I took it very slow and did not do anything that didnt feel right. I'm just so scared. I have two small children I need to care for and 25lbs of baby weight to lose. I feel like I've been given a life-sentence. I'm sure you all can relate completely. I want to have physical therapy, but I want to be sure its being done right. So, please help! Looking for encouragement, advice and just honesty about this condition. Thank you!
-AustenFan56 (because I LOVE Jane Austen books!)

Hi Austen Fan56 & welcome,
You can relax and not worry now, as you have come to the right place.
You are right about kegels - they gave me constant urinary urgency! They also pull the bladder further back which is what we are trying to fix!

Christine has an online course for mothers and post partum issues.
Whole Woman Posture is the foundation of Christine's approach and then she addresses issues with diet, toileting position, walking, rest, lifting objects and our children, and our true anatomy which is not understood in mainstream approaches.

The other hindsight I have from post - partum issues with rectocele is to eat fruit like pear and an orange daily, and root veg help as a close second, to help with elimination - I ate too much dry fibre and no fruit very often and as a result had very large round BMs. That did settle down but I wish I had had better management at the time!

If you are not doing this already, I used to get all of my older baby's lunch and snacks made in advance so that they were settled quickly and then if the baby wanted fed etc, I wasn't dealing with an unoccupied toddler as well...and when I was at home if they didn't sleep in the afternoon, they had to have quiet time with a book or childrens' video to allow me to rest.

The other thing to remember is that it takes up to two years for post - partum healing and with the exercising style that you have been doing, your muscles and fascia are shortened and tight, and that along with squashing and pulling the internal organs in and down, creates physical and emotional stress that we don't realize we have.

We as women are often panicked into getting our body back by the pressures of society.
Ignore all of that, enjoy your babies, manage your diet and posture the way nature intended and you will be more relaxed, have better energy use and more of it, as WW posture is energy conserving and so calming and grounded..
Just living and walking in Whole woman Posture and breathing will help you get into shape - it is exercise in itself!

wishing you all the best,

Aussie Soul Sister

Hi Aussie Soul Sister, could you kindly point me to the right direction in finding the Post Partum online course in the store please, I don't seem to find it? Thank you in advance.

Hi Fizzberry,
Here is the Whole Woman Wisdom for the childbearing Years:

http://whole-woman.thinkific.com/courses/whole-woman-wisdom-for-the-chil...

There is also the ww Postpartum bundle, which isn't online, but covers so much:

https://www.wholewomanstore.com/WW-Postpartum-Bundle_p_48.html

You can also get some of these as individual online options. To help you further, contact Lanny. He will guide you through the options.

Thank you Aging Gracefully!