Kegel Exercises

Body: 

I understand that the old Kegel exercises recommended by doctors is not recommended by Christine. I have seen the video of the New Kegels that she does recommend. I am post hysterectomy. Would these New Kegels be beneficial for me as I have rectocele prolapse?

Hi grandma4 and welcome to Whole Woman. What Christine refers to as "new kegels" are the pelvic rocks shown in her First Aid for Prolapse video:

https://wholewoman.com/newpages/landing/newkegels/thenewkegels.html

Whole Woman posture is important for the post-hysterectomy woman, because your best bet is to keep the remaining organs as far forward as possible. But a cautious approach is necessary because of the different pelvic dynamics and because you may have sutures holding the top of the vagina in place. Pelvic rocks are one of the things not particularly recommended for post-hyst, because of the potential to dislodge sutures.

Do check out Saving the Post-Hysterectomy Woman in the Store. - Surviving

Thank you Surviving60 for your response on the New Kegals. One more question..... As I said I am post hysterectomy and suffer from rectocele prolapse. My doctor instructed me to use estrogen cream a few times a week as she said my vaginal wall is drying out and the cream may help. I am new to the WholeWhom site, but the more I read, the less I think this is beneficial in any way. Does anyone have any thoughts....for or against.....on this?

Hi grandma4,
Christine talks extensively about the use of raw local honey for vaginal health, especially the dryness that so many get.
You just take a small dab and insert it high into the vagina once or twice daily.
So much better than those nasty estrogen creams.

Hi Aging gracefully,
I've seen comments about the raw honey before. Could one use the applicator supplied with the estrogen cream and insert the honey this way? Or would that be too far up the vaginal canal?

Hi grandma4,
You can apply the honey anyway you want to, and no, that wouldn't be too far up. But remember, you only need a small amount, just a dab on the tip of the applicator; if you want to do it that way, it should work fine.

I agree with Aging gracefully