Is it possible to overdo the lumbar curve when standing in posture?

I must admit, that although I think I'm relatively intelligent, I don't get all of the anatomical intricacies of the postures, although it makes basic sense to me. At first, I got incredible relief from the pressure of the prolapse when I started doing the standing and sitting postures.

Then, a couple of weeks ago, after a bout of illness with the baby and 24/7 carrying for a week or so, I started feeling more pressure again. I started overstating the posture, but it didn't help to get things feeling more stable. So, today, I played with a more relaxed curve, not overemphasizing it, and actually seemed to feel more stable carrying baby.

Who can say a few words about how they've progressed?

Hi everyone,

I've found this site incredibly helpful in the one week that I've been on it. It has totally changed my outlook on the current state of my body and has given me new hope to believe that I will not "have to have surgery" (as my OB said) for my cystocele. I have ordered the DVD and can't wait for it to arrive. In the mean time, I've been reading every posting on the site and find that, aside from Christine's amazing words of wisdom, the places where women mention how they've improved or been able to stabilize their prolapses really inspire me. I'm sure they inspire others coming to the site as well.

Thanks for a very liberating book, Christine

I came across your website last week while searching for information on natural treatments for prolapse, and was delighted to find your book stocked by Amazon in the UK, where I live. What a liberating read! It answered some of my most basic questions (such as: if I were to have a hysterectomy, what would hold up my vagina? And: would pelvic surgery interfere with sexual pleasure?). But it did a lot more besides. It's helped me identify what kind of prolapse I have (cystocele), reassured me that it is very normal (in itself liberating, because it has helped me to accept it), and given me plenty of hope that I won't need surgery. I also found the historical background fascinating. It hadn't occurred to me before just how much current gynaecological practices are rooted in a long-gone era when women's sexuality was scarcely even acknowledged, still less discussed. And women don't really talk to each other about how surgery affects them, so you tend to assume they're okay when perhaps they are not. After reading your book I tentatively asked my mother-in-law about her hysterectomy and she confirmed that it was done "to treat prolapse" and yet, she still HAS prolapse!

How to contact via email

Christine, we were discussing in another thread how we can share email addresses. I get the part where I put in my account that others can contact me; so how do I send an email to another forum member. There may be an obvious answer, but I haven't been able to figure it out!

Here's a funny

story. I was at a cafe today with my three little ones, holding ababy in sling, and the cashier asked how many months pregnant I was. Yes, my tummy was sticking out due to being in posture. And, I'm pretty petite -- wasn't sure whether to laugh or cry. Anyway, at least I know I'm holding the posturfe!

3 months postpartum

I am 3 months postpartum and still bleeding with some pain around my incision any advice

Another sitting position?

I have enjoyed the cross-legged sitting position and sitting on my heals with a pillow between my butt and calves. I can't sit in the staff pose yet though. My hamstrings are soooooooo tight. I am doing that exercise against the wall that you suggested though Christine and it along with yoga is helping to stretch them out but it is taking forever. My hamstrings have been tight my whole life. I was wondering about another seating position that feels really comfortable and I think it puts the body in the right position. It is the seated hero (like how we used to sit as kids but with your feet pointed straight back instead). If your knees are too tight then our yoga instruction suggests sitting on a pillow but I am able to sit flat on the floor now. I was thinking some other women might find this comfortable. Would it work well Christine?

Structural Question

I am fascinated by the connection of prolapse and women with "short hamstrings, flat butts, locked knees, and turned out toes." This is me EXACTLY. I would add slightly raised chin.

Not sure if this is also connected to this posture, but five months into my pregnancy, my pelvis started to rotate (right side forward). It got so bad that I had to see a chiro three times a week until my son was born. The rotation was due to my body making way for the baby, but also a tightness in my right hip rotators due to over pronation in my right foot. I wonder, Christine, if any of this is related to the cystocele.

Vaginal Birth or C-section for 2nd child?

Hi,

This website has been such a blessing to find! I have something prolapsed just at the vaginal walls (not hanging out). This was instigated probably by the extremely severe tear I encountered during the birth of our first child. When I saw my gyno after discovering this about 6 months after the birth, he really acted like it wasn't a big deal since it doesn't cause me any discomfort and told me to do Kegels. I wasn't sure what to think about his simple diagnosis (he wasn't even sure what organ it was!), but I went on to just put the situation in God's hands.

Well, now we are expecting our 2nd child! We are very excited but now I'm starting to wonder about that prolapsed organ. I have my first OB appointment (different OB) in a few weeks and I wanted to see what other experienced moms think. Will another vaginal birth make this prolapse worse? Would a c-section help me avoid further prolapse (even though I really would rather have a vaginal birth)?

What does it mean to you to live well with prolapse?

I'm sure many of you have answered this question before in other threads, but I was wanting to hear it, concentrated, for myself, and perhaps others who are new to the forum and dealing with prolapsed pelvic organs.

I must admit, after a really good 5 weeks of using the postures and feeling great with it, I've felt a little boggy down there for a number of days. It's a little discouraging after such positive response from my body after working with the postures. Does this happen to anyone else?

So, I;m pondering what it means to live well with prolapse. The hardest and most stressful part of it for me has to do with lifting my baby; I want to carry him, but notice the pressure it places on my internal organs, even when I seem to maintain the posture. Any tips on what I can do to help this?

Pages

Subscribe to Whole Woman Village Forum RSS